NPCpp – Working towards a better education system for all
Invitation to all Parents to attend
Spring Education Seminar
“The Challenge of Change”
10.15am to 1.30pm, Saturday 29th March 2014,
Killeshin Hotel, Portlaoise
Junior Cycle – Implementation 2014
The NCCA (National Council for Curriculum and Assessment) will present the current position in relation to the latest developments and plans for the introduction of the reformed Junior Cycle Programme leading to the Junior Cycle Student Award (JCSA).The key aspects of the changes will focus on issues including;
- Rationale and overview of the Framework for Junior Cycle.
- Areas of change; Assessment, Certification and Moderation.
- Roll out of Change – what this will mean for the student and parent?
Parents will be invited to take part in Q and A.
Digital learning in our schools
Mr Donncha Ó Treasaigh, Principal of Gaelcholáiste Luimnigh, held the role as Chairperson of the National Principals and Deputy Principals (NAPD) Region 6 area and was asked by the Department of Education & Skills to launch the ICT Strategy last December. His presentation and sharing of his experience will explore a range of issues including;
- The concept of teaching and learning with technology in the classroom – why it is important for parents to know
- Effective and Proper Planning of ICT integration and the whole-school approach,
- What does it mean for parents?
Parents will be invited to take part in the Q and A.
SUSI (Student Universal Support Ireland) will also be in attendance at this seminar to provide parents with current information for 3rd Level Grant applications and deal with queries.
Tea/Coffee from 09.30am Refreshments served at 1.30pm
This event is sponsored by NPCpp. Please register in advance at [email protected]